New England Aquarium Boston Address and Directions
Have you ever experienced aquatic adventures? The New England Aquarium in Boston, Massachusetts is considered to be one of the most prominent and popular aquariums throughout the United States. The Aquarium is home to 600 species of a total number of 20,000 animals. You can also enjoy the Simons IMAX Theater and the New England Aquarium Whale Watch besides the main aquarium building.
Eager to pay a visit to the New England Aquarium? If so, you need to plan in advance to enhance your visit to the Aquarium. Visit planning covers many aspects. Comprehensive info on the Aquarium needs to be found, like tickets, hours, events calendar, directions and parking etc.
Where is New England Aquarium? The Aquarium is located on downtown Boston's historic waterfront. Its specific address is 1 Central Wharf, Boston, MA 02110-3309. The Aquarium sits along Atlantic Avenue and is adjacent to the Rose Kennedy Greenway and Long Wharf. Several nearby subway stations are located there. It's great that the Aquarium is within walking distance of the North End, Government Center and the Financial District. You can contact the Aquarium at (617) 973-5200.
Comprehensive Contact Information
Map of New England Aquarium, Boston
How to get to the Aquarium? As the New England Aquarium is located conveniently on downtown waterfront, many transportation methods can be easily used to get to the Aquarium as you prefer.
1) By Boat - Two commuter boat services can take you to Central Wharf near the Aquarium: T Harbor Express and Salem Furry. The T Harbor Express offers commuter boat services seven days a week and connects Quincy Shipyard & Hull to Boston & Logan Airport. The Salem Furry departs from Salem and Boston. Visit their websites to know better of their overall schedules and ticket fares.
T Harbor Express Details
Learn More about the Salem Furry
2) By Subway - Downtown Boston boasts convenient public transportation services. Visitors can get to the Aquarium conveniently by subway. The closest subway stop is the Aquarium Station on MBTA Blue Line that is only about 100 yards from the Aquarium. Many other subway lines can take you to the Aquarium via other stops. The State Station on the Orange Line is about 8-minute walk from the Aquarium. You need to take 10-minute walk from the Government Center Station to the Aquarium. The South Station stop on the Red Line is approximately 10-15-minute walk away from the Aquarium.
Schedules and Maps for MTBA
3) On Foot - The New England Aquarium is within walking distance from many downtown attractions, like the North End, the Financial District and Government Center. If you are already in these places, why not tale a short walk to the Aquarium?
Interactive Map for Fun Attractions near the Aquarium
4) By Air - For out-of-town visitors, you can also come to Boston by air. Operated with six runways, the Logan International Airport in Boston is capable to transfer tourists from all over the country. Its four terminals are connected by shuttle buses for optimal convenience. You can get to the Aquarium from Logan Airport by taxi, by boat or by rail.
Check your Flight at the Website
5) By Car - Many people may prefer self-driving tours. It's also a good idea to drive to the New England Aquarium due to its nearby convenient transportation options. You can find the Aquarium is located near the Marriott Hotel and Faneuil Hall. Follow the concrete driving directions to the Aquarium.
From the south: You need to take I-93 Northbound. Then take Exit 23 that has the mark of "Gov't Center, North End, Aquarium, Quincy Market". Afterwards, you can turn left at Surface Rd. and keep on driving for three blocks. Turn left at Milk St. and you will see the Aquarium straight ahead.
From the north: If you're driving from the north, take I-93 Southbound. After entering the Thomas P. O'Neill Jr. Tunnel, you can take the first exit - Exit A-B. You should take the "A" side of the divided exit and stay in the left lanes. Drive onto the Surface Road at the traffic light. Continue to drive for 2 blocks to Milk Street and turn left. The New England Aquarium will be right in front of you.
From the west: When coming from the west, you need to take the Mass Turnpike to I-93 North. You can take Exit 23 off I-93. Turn left at the Surface Road and proceed for three blocks. Turn left at Milk Street and the Aquarium is straight ahead. You can't miss it.
From Cambridge: For visitors from Cambridge, you can take Memorial Drive North to McGrath-O'Brien Hwy and turn right to drive across the Museum of Science. When coming to the intersection of Storrow Drive, you need to drive straight across it and turn into the tunnel for I-93 Southbound. Take the right side of Exit 24 A-B and stay left to drive onto Surface Road at the traffic light. Then drive to Milk Street for 2 blocks and turn left. The Aquarium is just straight ahead.
PARKING deserves your attention if you come by car. The New England Aquarium does not have any on-site parking garages. You can find many parking garages nearby. The closest parking place is the Boston Harbor Garage. You can also park at the Aquarium stop on the MBTA Blue Line.
Car Parking at New England Aquarium